This literally almost never happens.
1. I make a dinner.
2. I post it to my Instagram.
3. I get a dozen DM’s.
Everyone was swooning over my Portobello Bruschetta photo that I posted to my Instagram Story. Hindsight, I’m assuming it had a little something to the lighting, plating, and the colors. But part of my wants to believe that it actually looked tasty.
- 1 Portobella Mushrooms
- 2, finely chopped tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese (the good stuff)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Wash Portobello Mushrooms and spray the bottom of your tray.
- If there is still a stem sticking out of the mushroom, carefully cut it out to create room for the tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl – combine oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic together.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Spoon tomato mixture into the mushroom.
- Top with parmesan flakes.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove. Top with more parmesan (if you’d like) and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Sure, but you can figure that out for yourself!
This makes the perfect side dish, appetizer, or vegetarian dish. Sometimes I make food and it looks great…but only tastes average. This was not the case with the Portobello Bruschetta. Maybe it’s my love for mushrooms and bruschetta or maybe it’s because I’m living up to my domestic duties (sorry feminists – I had to throw that joke in.)