I’m sure you aren’t surprised to learn that the Smith family has a secret crock pot chili recipe. While I won’t be sharing all of our secrets I plan on giving you a little taste of a one of my favorite Fall crock pot dishes. I tried to make this as simplistic as possible because – hey, who doesn’t like to save a couple of bucks by skipping on ingredients. While we might be skipping some ingredients we aren’t skipping out on taste. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- *Optional* 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 lb. diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbs. minced garlic (not pictured)
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- Brown 1 lb. of beef on a stove top in a non-stick pan.
- Rinse and drain: black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans.
- Dump beef, beans, and the entire can of tomatoes (including juice) into the crock pot.
- Add in garlic and chili powder.
- Stir, cover, and turn the heat to High.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours (stir occasionally.)
- If you’d like: boil 3 cups of elbow noodles.
- Place desired amount of noodles into a bowl, dump chili over, and sprinkle cheese atop.
- James likes to add Ranch Dressing, but he’s a Ranch King.
I’d love to hear how your Protein Packed Crock Pot Chili went. Leave me a comment below!