Bring the game winning dip to your football gathering this season! This weekend I crocked in a mini-crock pot (four quart) …which I would highly recommend when making this dish. When making appetizers it is important to not over-stack a small crock-pots or leave too much wiggle room in larger crock pots.
Spicy Sausage and Cheese Dip will satisfy a group of up to 12 active munchers. Prep time is around 15 minutes due to browning the Jimmy Dean sausage and cook time in the crock pot is only two hours on High!
Personally, I find myself extremely sensitive to spicy things, yet the Rotel Tomatoes are not overpowering. Check out the Variations section at the bottom to switch up your dip.
- 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 1, 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 12 oz. Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage
- 8 oz. Velveeta Original Cheese
- Brown 12 ounce of Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage in a medium frying pan
- Drain grease
- Dump browned sausage in crock pot
- Add cream cheese package, Rotel Tomato can, Velveeta Cheese block
- Cook on High for two hours, stirring occasionally is okay
- Spice it up: Try using Velveeta Jalapeño Cheese as a substitution for the Original or try a spicier Rotel Tomato
- Healthier: Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- If you want to speed up the process even faster put the Velveeta block and cream cheese in the microwave, until it has softened
Drop your comments and pictures below or send us your masterpieces at: firstname.lastname@example.org